- 2015. “ Further Analyses of Hokkaido Jomon Mitochondrial DNA.” In Emergence and Diversity of Modern Human Behavior in Paleolithic Asia, edited by Yousuke Kaifu, Masami Izuho, Ted Goebel, Hiroyuki Sato, and Akira Ono, 406–17. College Station: Texas A&M University Press.
- 2016. Tsukurareta “jinshu”: Buraku-sabetsu to jinshushugi [Aninvented “race”: Buraku discrimination and racism]. Tokyo: Yūshisha.
- 2011. “Identification of RNF213 as a susceptibility gene for moyamoya disease and its possible role in vascular development.” PLoS One 6: e22542.
- 2011. “ Toward a New Approach to Race and Racial Representations: Perspectives from Asia.” In Racial Representations in Asia, edited by Yasuko Takezawa, 7–19. Kyoto: Kyoto University Press/Trans Pacific Press.
- 2014. “Human Genetic Research, Race, Ethnicity and the Labeling of Populations: Recommendations Based on an Interdisciplinary Workshop in Japan.” BMC Medical Ethics 15: 33.
- 2005. “Founder SVA Retrotransposal Insertion in Fukuyama-Type Congenital Muscular Dystrophy and Its Origin in Japanese and Northeast Asian Populations.” American Journal of Medical Genetics 138A (4): 344–48.